April 14, 2019 by Brittany Hutchings
This post may contain affiliate links
Are you a stay at home mom, working mom, college student mom, on the lookout for legitimate work from home jobs? Do you wish to increase your income while enjoying family-time or earn some money from a side hussle? Then look no further because you have come to the right spot.
I know, I know. You’re probably a little skeptical. I was too at first. I was a broke, young struggling single mom of two. I worked two jobs while going to college full time (back then it was ALL online, so I could pull off doing all 3. No. Not recommended for everyone.) I often found myself scanning the web hours on end to find a way to make a little extra money. But then Pinterest pointed me in the right direction.
Below I have list just a hand few of legitimate work from home jobs that have a pretty good pay scale and can provide you with high income that you’ve been searching for. Start earning money from your couch…or kitchen table. Wanna know the best part? These jobs require little to no experience. Anyone with a smart phone/laptop and reliable internet connection can do it. It’s that easy.
Eager to see what online jobs I have for you? Then please keep reading 😊
Below, I’ve categorized these different freelance jobs under three main heads for easy convenience.
Transcription jobs are easily one of my favorites because the job requirements are very easy. In my opinion it is like data entry. The best part of transcription jobs is that they are perfect for newbies just starting out or skilled transcriptionists. A transcriptionists job is to convert audio/video files into written format. For example, I have an audio file that needs to be transcribed. To do this, the audio/file would be talking while I would be writing EXACTLY what was said. When the job is finished you simply submit it to the client. That’s it!
Seriously, there’s TONS and TONS of online work for transcriptionists. As the popularity of videos is exploding all over the internet, the need for transcriptionists is rapidly growing.
Here are the sites that you can rely on.
- TranscribeMe: TranscribeMe is a great site for beginners to start with but the only down fall is that it requires a basic transcription test before you can start working.
- Tigerfish: Tigerfish is one of the largest transcription sites that pays very well and enables freelancers to earn an income right from your comfy couch. It offers a vast variety of jobs from quick and simple to lengthy and time consuming (pay is typically better)
- Rev.com: Heres another great site where one can join as a transcriptionist. This site allows applicants from all over the world to join. Rev.com provides you with free training so you can start trouble free.
- SpeakWrite: If you are wanting to make that extra mula one the side with little effort- than this site is for you! You can literally earn up to a solid 3K in ONE MONTH by working here. If you have the skills- I highly encourage you to join.
- Scribie: Scribie is one of my personal favorites because not only does it provide ample opportunity for freelancers, its another website that provides you with ample income. All that is required is simple transcription tasks and a clear understanding of the English language as an English test is required.
- Quickate: The cool thing about Quicktate is that they will literally pay you for every 4 words that you transcribe successfully. Another perk-weekly payments.
- Daily Transcription: This site provides regular, corporate, enterainment and legal jobs so a variety is there to work with. I recommend this site for beginners.
EDITING AND PROOF-READING JOBS:
While editing requires you to study a document for sentence structure, clarity, and flow, proof-reading includes reviewing the document as the final step before submitting to the client. As a proof reader- it is important to read the document several times to ensure that the document is free of spelling & grammatical errors. The incredible perk to this job- earn up to $4,000 a month.
These top reliable sites for where you can apply for editing and proof-reading jobs to work from home include the following:
- Proofreadingcom: Yet another site where you can apply for editing /proofreading jobs. You can either choose to work full time or part time based on your choice. The site provides you with enough work to be able to earn extra money depending on the amount of hours you want to put in.
- Domainite: You will have to edit a sample piece so if you do well than you will receive a contract from the site. This site is great for beginners and to learn new opportunities.
- Kibin: Most popular sites where you can apply for editing/proofreading; If you have the skills and keene eye to make a piece of writing good to better, then I encourage you to apply on this site and produce a decent amount of income for yourself.
VIRTUAL ASSISTANT JOBS:
Virtual Assistant jobs are seriously the best when it comes to earning an income online. If you’ve always dreamt of working in an office but you’re unable to- make your dreams come to reality by becoming and VA. As a VA, your earning potential can easily be as high as $25 per hr as a complete newbie with zero experience to $100 per hour as an experienced VA! How nuts is that?!
If you’re eager to get started working from home and being your own boss, keep reading below for an organized list of best Virtual Assistant Online jobs that pay the best!
By now most of us have heard of Pinterest. Well good news! It’s possible to work for Pinterest without applying to one of those fancy LA office based jobs but instead, right from your couch! The wonderful thing about Pinterest is that there are over 70+ million active users. Think about how many small business owners are on Pinterest looking for that perfect online assistant to help keep them organized, pin pins, create new pins, and much, much more. One of the best perks of being a Pinterest VA is that you can set your own rates. One of my known clients charges anywhere from $75-100/hour depending on the task. Although for beginners just starting out it is typically around $15-20/hour (which isn’t bad at all!)
Here are a few legit companies that are currently looking for Virtual Assistants:
- Time etc: This leading Virtual Assistant company pays to complete various tasks for clients. Pay is around $12-$18 per hour.
- Virtual Office VA – Virtual Office VA hires virtual assistants to work with top real estate businesses, agents, investors and some small businesses. This company hires virtual assistants to work with some of the top real estate earners, investors & agents, however, they also assist small businesses with tasks that do not require a license or someone to physically be there. Starting pay is $10to $15 an hour
- Fancy Hands: This company pays anywhere between $2.50 to $7 per task and goes up from there.
Now that you are aware and familiar with just SOME of the amazing work from home job opportunities, hop on board and see which suits you best! And remember, practice makes perfect.